Who We Are
Startup Bayelsa is a collaborative program designed to help startups within the state, in their infancy succeed. We help entrepreneurs solve some of the problems commonly associated with running a startup by providing workspaces, seed funding, mentoring, and comprehensive business training in business basics, marketing assistance, business etiquette, regulatory compliance, discounted or free professional services, accounting/financial management assistance, technology commercialization assistance, intellectual property management and legal counsel.
Our continuous thrives in improving enterprise development and digital literacy in Bayelsa are inspired by testimonials / success stories of young people who go through our training programs and/or are mentored by our partners. We aspire to make Bayelsa State a favourable environment for business startups to launch and thrive in order to boost the state’s economy.
- To build awareness of entrepreneurship development through advocacy.
- To initiate and/or participate in all entrepreneurship projects/programmes including competitions.
- To identify and create opportunities to support innovative efforts towards establishing Startups and other SMEs.
- To conduct manpower need assessment survey of various private businesses within the state to identify skills gap.
- To develop the human capital capacity to address the manpower needs of the various businesses.
- To create and maintain a database of existing businesses.
- To use the manpower needs assessment database to provide gainful employment & promote entrepreneurship.
- To bridge the gap between Bayelsa startups and Angel Investors.
We know the importance of forming a working team. By working together, we learn that wins and losses affect everyone on the team.